Website University of Quebec.
École de technologie supérieure
Supervisor: M. Baraer
The proposed project aims to assess the spatiotemporal variability of snow-cover and ground frost in southern Quebec and to evaluate its impact on infiltration.
Specific objectives will be:
- Characterizing ground frost and snow cover evolutions in time, their interconnections, and their influence on infiltration at the BVE Ste-Marthe
- Generating snow cover and ground frost map at limited scale (100th of square meters) by combining single spot measurements, Drone-based GPR surveys and records from distributed temperatures sensors.
- Assessing cold region numerical models performances (existing and/or modified modules) in reproducing deliverable from objectives 1 and 2.
- Jan 2022
- MSc in a relevant field, experience in cold region hydrology or equivalent expected, motivation to do field work in a cold environment.
- Proven abilities in research (publication or equivalent).
- Proficient in French or English
Please contact Michel Baraer: email@example.com for further details
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org